Sunday, December 7, 2008

Selamat Hari Raya Aidiladha


First thing first, I would like to wish everyone an awesome Eidul Adha! We as Muslims should be grateful to have a celebration that reminds us the importance of sacrifices each year of our lives.

Being far away from my family during a festive season like this isn't something easy to do. Especially when you have an exam coming a day right after that. It somehow makes this special day ordinary - just like every other Mondays I had before. I don't deny how high my desire to be with my family right now, to cook with them, to have a Raya meal with them and to visit my father's grave back home in Malaysia. Plus, I really miss my brothers' "takbir" and to be able to answer to it together with my family.


But I won't be able to do so. It's hard and I don't deny it but to disappoint my family if my studies failed is even harder. Therefore, these are my sacrifices for them and for myself just like the sacrifices of times and energy my family made to get me where I am today.


Those cows and sheep and lambs and goats and camels have made their incredible sacrifices for like ever... don't you think it's time we make some too?

0 comments:

 
Copyright Melancholic Sanguine 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .