Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Music Obsession Part 2

I have always had a peculiar taste in music and I usually love songs that have great lyrics and/or good melody. But to me an artist can only be considered great if he/she sounds good live. An artist doesn't have to have a voice like Josh Groban or Whitney Houston but he/she should definitely sound the same live as how he/she sounded on the studio recordings. This is why I hate fake artists who rellied to much on the computers to make them sound good.

So, being someone who judges artists from their live performances, I have went on a Youtube quest of finding artists that sound great on live performances and have made a list of them. Here are the awesome videos of my favorite live performances and you'll notice that I actually prefer the acoustic cover of a song rather than the originals.

(This list is not in any particular order)

1. Aly and AJ - Potential Break Up Song



This is actually a shocker for me because I never thought Aly and AJ could sing so well live! Because let's face it, it's pretty hard to find Disney's teen stars who can actually sing and these sisters have definitely put a higher standard to Disney's stars quality.

2. Avril Lavigne - Nobody's Home



I remember listening to Avril's live performance when she first came out with "Complicated" and thought it was bad. But after listening to this... I've gotta say... Avril... you rock girl!

3. Dashboard Confessional - Vindicated



This is another shocker for me. I was really blown away by this performance.

4. Demi Lovato - Don't Forget



Like Aly & AJ, Demi is another Disney born teen star who can actually act and sing... (I just think her make up is too much though...)

5. The Fray - How to Save a Life



Love his unique voice and style...

6. Jason Mraz - Make It Mine



Jason doesn't need much to make a great performance... his guitar and his voice are just a perfect unbeatable duo...

7. Lenka - The Show



I just love Lenka and her cute voice... her songs are awesomely cute too

8. Lifehouse - Storm



This performance just took my breath away... he's just armed with a guitar and his voice and that's all it takes to left the crown breathless

9. Maroon 5 - Won't Go Home Without You



I totally adore Adam Levine... He has everything - great looks and an amazing talent... I have always loved his voice and with this prove... I guess I always will...

10. My Chemical Romance - Famous Last Word



This performance is an undeniable prove that MCR does sing live...

11. Pink - So What



I've always love Pink... and with this... I love her even more

12. Simple Plan - Perfect



I don't think that Simple Plan has a mind blowing voice... but to hear them just the same as they are on CD is just amazing

13. Taylor Swift - White Horse



Taylor Swift if definitely my recently favorited artist. She's just an amazing song writer and sounds great live... it's a good thing she broke up with Joe Jonas...

14. Lady Gaga - Just Dance



She might be a little short fused here and there... but she's definitely a great perfomer...

15. Yuna - Rocket



I would like to finish this list with our very own Malaysian artist. Yuna definitely blew me away... Her level of performance and the quality of her songs are simply at an international level... she's definitely on her way to superstardom... you go girl!

So there you have it... another one of my self made list and hope you enjoyed it...

Signing out for now...

0 comments:

 
Copyright Melancholic Sanguine 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .