Saturday, January 16, 2010

Human Rights vs Hypocricy

Before you read this post let me warn you...

Things will get serious

So...

I read in Yahoo! News last night which really made me question the world nowadays..

"The Islamic veil is banned in France"

Apparently it's for security reason

*scoff*

Now.. I don't know about you but this sounds like a violation of human rights to me...

You see... according to what most human rights or in this case women rights activists have been preaching...

Women should feel good about themselves and wear what they want to wear...

So much for practice what you preach

But what really makes me confused is this...

When same sex marriage is not accepted by certain people... they are the most close minded and human rights violators of all...

and when the strippers went out for work they have the "rights" to do so since its their body...

but now we have these Muslim women who's chosen to represent themselves as Muslims by wearing veils and they are not allowed to do so??

Don't get me wrong.. I'm not homophobic nor do I have a sentiment issues against strippers or those in sex business...

but all I'm saying is why can't these Muslim women have the same rights as everyone else?

One of my international friends had asked me before...

Why did I choose to wear headscarves at the age of 17? If it's a requirement for my religion... why didn't I wear it sooner?

My answer was this...

I did not just wear headscarves because I have to... I wear them because I want to...

I want to make sure that there's a part of me that is purely mine and only for those who are special to me... and apparently the idea occurred to me when I was 17~

The concept is the same for purity rings... you know.. the one that you wear when you took an oath of not to have sex until marriage?

Some took the pledge while others don't... the same goes for Muslims who wear headscarves and those who don't

We don't patronize each other because if you make someone do something unwillingly... the results will be devastating...

So my question is this...

When you preach for your rights without preserving the rights of others... does it makes you a hero, a paranoid or simply a hypocrite?

................................................................................

-Constipated People Don't Give A Crap-

0 comments:

 
Copyright Melancholic Sanguine 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .