Saturday, January 9, 2010

Percy Jackson and the Olympians - The Lightning Thief

Hi.

My name is Raihana and I was a book addict~

I used to read up to 5 books per month during my high school times but now i found it harder and harder to keep up with the old habits and to be honest I kinda miss it.

So, being bored recently I've decided to head on to the bookstore to enjoy myself. It might sound weird but somehow I found bookstores to be soothing. Just being there is like an ecstasy.

But of course being a shopaholic that i am... life is not complete without buying something and I decided to buy a young adult novel called "Percy Jackson and the Olympians - The Lightning Thief" despite the fact that I have about 10 novels waiting for me to finish them at home.

There are mainly 2 reasons why I chose the book:
1. It's being made into a movie and the trailer looks awesome
2. It's insanely cheap! The hard cover collector's edition only cost me Rp54000 (RM22) - here's a picture of it
I read the book as soon as I reached home and I gotta admit that I'm seriously addicted to it.

It's A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

It really took me to the times when I enjoyed myself reading Harry Potter and the genre is not very much different. It tells the story of Percy Jackson who discovered that he is a "half blood" - children with a God and a human parents. The adventure started when monsters started attacking him for being half blood. I haven't finished reading the book yet but I'm eager to know what's next.

I'll write the whole review once I've finished reading it but if you're considering getting yourself something light to read... this has got to be the book.

That's it for now and while I'm enjoying myself reading, I hope you'll enjoy your life as well...



..............................................................................................

-Constipated People Don't Give a Crap-

0 comments:

 
Copyright Melancholic Sanguine 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .