Wednesday, May 20, 2009

American Idol 2009 Finale!


Thought I should write a review before the result is announced tonight but I honestly believe that there's no way you can compare Adam and Kris because both of them have different styles and range and both are great at what they do... /nobigdeal

The show took place at the Nokia Theater and started off with clips of the finalists evolutions from their auditions till the finale. Then Ryan as usual introduced the 4 judges and announced that the finalists will be singing 3 songs for the night - one is their favorite performance throughout the show, one is chosen by AI creator Simon Fuller and the other one will be a new song co written by Kara DioGuardi herself.

Then the finalists are introduced...

Adam Lambert and Kris Allen!

Adam Lambert went first with his choice "Mad World"... It was a good performance but a little too dramatic for me... it's like watching a Broadway show or something and not a concert...


Next was Kris Allen on his piano with his song "Ain't No Sunshine"... my only comment is... there's definitely no sunshine for Kris in this performance because he brought out thunder and storm! It was like watching a real concert and boy I love it!


The second song for Adam was "A Change's Gonna Come" and he rocked the house... his high notes were amazing but I gotta say the metalic suits kinda made Adam looks like a Vegas performer rather than the star he is...


Kris Allen's "What's Going On" to me deserves more kudos than given to him... the song was a little bit light but that's Kris's style plus the song was given to him and not chosen... I totally love Kris's acoustic style and he reminds me so much of Jason Mraz, which is a good thing... of course when you compare Kris's acoustic to Adam's high pitch earlier, he's gonna look tiny but you still can't deny it was a good performance...


The final song was "No Boudaries" and I've got to say that it's not a fair song... it was obviously too high for Kris and too cheesy for Adam... both finalists did not nail the song but I agree with Randy that Kris's voice suited the song more than Adam's if only they did a different arrangement for him...



The show also ended with Carrie Underwood's performance which I enjoyed very much...


Overall... I think that this is definitely the American Idol's best finale ever and the Americans are gonna have a tough time voting...

As for me...

I would totally vote for Kris because to me he's a true musician.. the one we need more these days... the one who can do acoustic while playing instruments... don't get me wrong... Adam is good but he's just a great singer (which of course reminds me of most artists we have today) and if both of them happened to have concerts on the same day... I would definitely go to Kris's... but that's just me of course /sweat

Good luck to both of them...

P.S. Sorry for the small images... I'd miscalculated the size... /please

Signing out for now~
/bye

0 comments:

 
Copyright Melancholic Sanguine 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .