Sunday, May 10, 2009

Movie Review 2 : Brick


I'm not really a big fan of film festivals movie type because I just can't stand movies with a few dialogues and end with scenes that will leave you questioning yourself why did you just spent 2 hours of your life on a movie that you have to make up your own endings.

But I still want to watch them anyway because I'm still trying to understand why the critics put so much effort on them.

So... as what I've told you in my previous post, I've actually bought 2 of the film festivals movie type that got great reviews and has just finished watching the the first one called "Brick" and it totally changed my mind forever! This is undeniably one of the best movies out there and unfortunately it is so underrated.

With a mystery/detective genre, this movie tells the story of Brendan Frye who sets out on a mission to find out what happened to his ex-love, Emily after he received a distressed phone call from her saying things that he could barely understands. Using Emily's words as clues he embarked on an adventure that will glue you to your seats from the beginning till the end.

Director Rian Johnson definitely made a perfect choice of casting Joseph Gordon-Levitt (yes... he's the guy from "3rd Rock from the sun") to play the main role as Brendan Frye. With his performance here, I really don't understand why he's not acting in big movies. Joseph definitely deserves something bigger than this. Much bigger.

The only thing that I don't understand about this movie is how it only got 78% ratings in Rotten Tomatoes when Broken Flowers got 87%. /shock

I really enjoyed this and hope that others will too. /please



Signing out for now~

0 comments:

 
Copyright Melancholic Sanguine 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .