Monday, May 11, 2009

Movie Review 3 : Death at a Funeral


As usual I've been spending my precious holidays with yet another movie marathon and so far I haven't been disappointed. I've gotta admit that the movies I chose are not really my type but apparently now I have a new type and one of them is British family comedy.

Director Frank Oz is definitely at his best in this movie by proving that comedy can be made out of the gloomiest times. This movie is simply about a funeral that ended up in the wackiest moments possible. The movie started off pretty serious but even before the second minute ended I was already cracking with laughter. And the rest of the story just had me in stitches...

I've never really appreciated British comedies before (except for my all time favorite Mind Your Language) and have always been a big fan of American jokes. But I enjoyed this movie tremendously and now I'm searching the web for more British comedies./blush

What's even better bout this movie is the extra features on the DVD which includes the gag reel. It's pretty amazing to watch how the casts and crew can't even keep their straight faces throughout the filming and just burst into laughter during the funny scenes. The gag reel totally made my day...

This movie is highly recommended especially if you're looking for something that will make you work hard to keep a stiff upper lip.

P.S. here's the trailer and the DVD gag reel for your extra treats...





Signing out for now~
/bye

0 comments:

 
Copyright Melancholic Sanguine 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .