Thursday, May 28, 2009

Movie Review 5 : Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian


I was generally hyped with excitement when I heard that there's gonna be a sequel to one of my favorite all time movies Night at the Museum. I had always thought the critics were being illogical about the ratings of this movie but then again... what else can critics do... /nobigdeal

So when I heard that this sequel also had bad ratings from the critics, I thought well here we go again... an injustice to a "might be" good movie and decided to hit the theater...

And the critics were proven

RIGHT

I was utterly disappointed with the outcome of this movie and thought that it had done no justice whatsoever to the beloved first movie. The plot is just rubbish... I mean come on... let's face it... who would go from a millionaire to a night guard at a museum?? That's just a big BS for me...

This movie also lacked of emotions unlike the first one which is what made this movie magical in the first place. The chemistry between actors were also totally put to waste in this failed attempt to overachieve something...

The only thing I found entertaining was probably 60% of the jokes. There were some funny parts throughout the movie but there were also some bad joke moments. I mean... when will Hollywood learn that the generation nowadays are sick of these cheesy stupid jokes (such as those movie parodies franchise). What ever happen to the talented writers who could produce intelligent jokes out of stupid things (isn't that what Hollywood comedy is all about??)...

I guess my rambling is almost done now (I don't want to be one of those critics /XD) but I guess my sudden burst of angst is totally the result of pure frustration... So I'm going to give this a 5 out of 10...

Signing out for now~
/bye

0 comments:

 
Copyright Melancholic Sanguine 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .